Discussion of Rule 3 and Rule 12a

abnmike
Site Admin

Discussion of Rule 3 and Rule 12a

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:01 pm

I don't think rule 12a was ever adhered to but a couple times. That's my fault. I never enforced it. I'd like to see a return to it or a discussion of it. It was always in the spirit of CORSA but not enforced. The first couple of years we did it then it fell away. Another reason I'd like to bring back management of the event here, rather than FB.

Rule 12a: Patches, T-shirts. The Host is responsible for providing both a patch and a t-shirt to all pre-registered competitors. If a Host decides to allow a last-minute registrant there is no requirement for that person to have a patch and t-shirt.

The Host is responsible for handling their own finances, planning for ending at a rally, planning the route, etc. It's a thankless job (just kidding, it's actually very rewarding). Nothing has to be fancy, make it your own.

A patch must be provided to all members of the Owners Club even if they did not compete. Given the lead-time on patches, you’ll always have to order more than you need for the riders anyway to accommodate late-registrants, so should not actually cost you more. The patch for the Owners is a thank you to them for helping answer questions, promote the event on your behalf, provide guidance, etc. There is no requirement for a t-shirt for Owners who do not compete, that's up to you. If you have left-over t-shirts due to ordering requirements you may sell a t-shirt to members of the Owners Club who did not compete in order to recoup costs. In addition, any help you receive with the CORSA:IFP with logistics from your friends, family, local club you may provide a t-shirt to, however patches are reserved solely for actual competitors and for members of the Owners Club.

Only those who have competed get the honor of wearing the patch, this means that although an Owner receives a patch, they may not wear it if they did not compete.

Rule 3. It was put in place 11 years ago. Is it still relevant?
54-46SC

MrMudd

Re: Discussion of Rule 3 and Rule 12a

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Rule 3.

I don't think so at this point considering at least 2 stella's have raced and won corsa thus far.

abnmike
Site Admin

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Interesting. I wasn't aware Stellas had been approved for racing. Yet another reason for keeping the discussion and management of CORSA in a forum atmosphere! Way easier to keep up.
54-46SC

MrMudd

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:04 pm

2017 Carl Marsh won on a stock stella. Just checked with Rob he was on his P200 so there was only one Stella that won.

rdc

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Since in on the hook for it this year here's my thoughts.
I have no problem with 12a. The only thing I would ask is for a comprehensive list of owners and addresses or contact info so I could get the patches to them.
I'd want next years planner to give me a patch.

Rule 3 does need to be officials updated unless we are just going to keep going on the "case by case" justification. After all a Stella competed and won. I think I needs to keep the spirit of the original rule (two stroke, manual shift, vintage bikes) but At this point even an '04 PX is 15 years old. When I started scootering my P200 was 15 yrs old and no one would have ever considered it a "new" bike.
And Stellas were garbage from new. Do we draw a new line?

abnmike
Site Admin

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Now that Stellas are over a decade old I'm not against them being allowed to race.

One of the rules sets up prior hosts (winners) as "Owners" in the overall management and rule-making. Changing of the rules was supposed to have a 2/3ds majority.

I'd like to get consensus if we can on changing the rule to perhaps accommodate different bikes than we were thinking about in 2009. Back then it made sense to ban Stellas, they were way too new to make it fair to anyone on a 1980s P, much less a 1960s Lambretta. Now that they are older, and have many miles, broken cranks, etc, I think we should likely allow them, but again, this is a democracy and while I may dictate that the rules and management discussions happen here and not on FB, the rules dictate that a majority of past owners must agree on a rule change, and I'm not the asshole people say I am and won't override that.

Mike
54-46SC

abnmike
Site Admin

Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:02 pm

If people have input or suggestions for Rule 3 please post or make your case either for changing or keeping as is (case by case basis).

Ultimately the CORSA Owners will make a decision with a 2/3ds consensus on any rule changing, but we want to hear your thoughts and input to keep this a successful race, but still vintage/oldshitbox oriented.
54-46SC

Skywalker

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:49 pm

12a - Meh. Not a fan of Stellas being allowed but at this point, yeah, whatever.

3. Only suggestion I might make is a sort of statue of limitations or expiration. Like maybe if an OWNER hasn't been directly involved after 3 years, drop them off the list unless they keep their info up to date. Maybe require OWNERS to post a thumbs-up at least to the current list of names/addresses or they don't get a patch...
5446 SC
Piles of bikes at my home!